Why You Need Our Brutally Honest Fiverr Review
So you’ve started a business and come to that awful realisation?
There are simply too few hours in the day!
How does everyone else manage?
Well, for many, the answer is Fiverr.
But is Fiverr really the answer for you?
Or is it simply an expensive distraction from just getting the work done yourself? (shout-out to my fellow procrastinators).
Join us for an honest review of the Fiverr platform, no holds-barred.
What Is Fiverr?
Full disclosure, we use Fiverr all the time. Daily.
As a result, we’re in the perfect position to give you the most honest Fiverr review around.
Firstly, for those unfamiliar with the platform, Fiverr is a website catalogue of freelancers offering a full host of digital services. This means that whether you are starting a blog, e-commerce site, YouTube channel, or any other type of business, this could be a game-changer.
Think about it like this… if you value your time at a particular rate per hour and someone on Fiverr can do it cheaper (and likely quicker), you’ve essentially lost time and money by trying to do it yourself!
Remember, time should be valued above all other commodities.
Use your time wisely for tasks that only you can complete and you’ll find your business grows rapidly.
Be honest with yourself. If you find yourselves spending (wasting) hours on a simple task – just stop.
Find someone better qualified to do the task quicker, cheaper and let’s be honest… better. This person doesn’t have to be from Fiverr; use an individual company, good or skilled friends and family.
The Fiverr Basics You Need To Know
Before we get stuck into an honest in-depth Fiverr review, you need to know how it works.
By the end of this article, you will be navigating Fiverr like an absolute pro! (should you decide to sign-up, are we giving too much away?)
You may have heard of Fiverr before? Due to its affordability, it’s become a popular place to hire freelancers. When the platform first came into existence, every gig was only $5!
Since then, the price limit has greatly increased, resulting in a wide range of costs.
This is actually a good thing because it allows sellers to provide better quality services. And that certainly benefits buyers – like us! If you use it correctly, Fiverr could still be cost-effective.
How Do You Get Started On Fiverr?
A point in favor of Fiverr – it’s super easy to get started. All you’d need to do is sign up and create an account here before searching for the type of service you have in mind. Then browse the search results to choose a seller you trust.
Sellers are ranked according to the following levels:
● Level One Seller
● Level Two Seller
● Top Seller
● Pro Verified Seller
Sellers must meet certain requirements before being promoted to the next level. This means the higher-level sellers typically provide better quality work, but they also charge more for it. Evidently with some tasks you may need the absolute best quality, whereas maybe in others you can save a few bucks by going with a relatively new seller.
How To Find A Seller On Fiverr?
After all, not every Fiverr seller can be “the best” at what they do.
Follow the steps below:
1) Filter Our What You Don't Want
First, use the search bar to look for the service you need. When your search results appear, you will also see the following filters:
● Service Options – Further specify the types of services you want to see.
● Seller Details – Choose which sellers appear in your search results based on level, language, and location.
● Budget – Only view services you can actually afford.
● Delivery Time – View services that offer speedy turnaround times.
Depending on the type of service you search for, you might see additional filtering options. For example, if you search “brand kit” a logo filter will become available. Use that filter to select the kind of logo you are interested in, such as minimalist, watercolor, etc.
2) Collect And Research Your Options
Once you’ve narrowed down your search results, you can compare your options.
There are tons of sellers on Fiverr. Some will be amazing some… not so much.
How To Know Which Seller Is Right For You?
Don’t just look for the cheapest price. Basing your decision solely on cost may result in poor quality work. Plus, many sellers offer multiple packages, which are all priced differently. The cost you see on the search results page is for the cheapest, most basic package. Your project might require something more complex than the basic package.
NB: If you find the absolute perfect seller for the job but they are just outside of your budget – drop them a message. Many sellers are willing to send a custom price to first time customers. Once you build up your business you can discuss prices again when their service is next needed.
If the seller you are interested in doesn’t offer a package that fits your needs, don’t give up! Instead, request a custom offer. Most sellers are happy to oblige as long as you clearly explain your project.
Ratings and Reviews
You can’t blindly trust a 5-star rating. Why? Sellers can attain artificially high ratings, particularly when they first start. Having a 5 star rating from 2 orders could easily be attained with the help of their friends and family. Sellers with 1000 orders are much more likely to be authentic!
Read the reviews! They will tell you more than the rating and if there are any red flags raised you can jump over to another seller.
The seller’s gig page should include samples of past deliveries. Take a look at them to see if you like that freelancer’s work. If the service is something small, some sellers will even make you a personal sample to show what the end result will look like. As always, it’s worth asking.
Our Honest Fiverr Review
Benefits of Using Fiverr
- Using Fiverr saves money. Sure, not every gig is going to cost $5. But most of them will be far more affordable than similar services found elsewhere.
- Using Fiverr saves time! You can knock weeks off your business setup time. This allows you to focus on essential tasks.
- It’s secure, with an SSL certificate that protects your information.
- It’s incredibly easy to use. Hiring a freelancer is as simple as conducting a quick search, reading reviews, contacting the seller, and placing an order.
- This isn’t a scam. It’s the real deal with excellent customer support. In our experience they’ve been super helpful and any issues we’ve had are resolved fast.
- You can get exactly what you need. Thanks to Fiverr’s ranking system, there is a wide range of prices, making it possible to choose the best option for your unique situation. Maybe your project requires a professional touch. In that case, you can hire a Pro Verified Seller. But if you can’t afford those higher prices, or your project is a bit simpler, you can look for lower-ranked sellers with lower prices. It’s all about what you need.
- Build your own virtual team. Once you find great sellers who you trust, keep hold of them! You’ll soon be managing a large team of remote employees (without the payroll and HR headaches).
- Benefit from timezones, minus the jet lag. Having sellers from around the globe means the work never stops! Wake up to find fresh projects delivered to your inbox.
- Catfishing. You can’t vet the sellers in the same way you would when booking a freelancer in person. This risks a classic catfish situation! The “seo expert with a degree from Harvard” could be slightly exaggerating their CV. That said, if they can get the job done – who cares?
- Poor quality deliveries. Some services may be sub-par (as with any employee/freelancer). If this does occur then decline the delivery and request a refund. If there’s still an issue, open a case with customer services! It’s usually easy enough to receive either a service revision or a refund, albeit this is disappointing.
- Tips given to the sellers still have a fee taken by Fiverr!! We always tip our freelancers for a job well done. Unfortunately Fiverr still takes 20% of all tips. Hopefully they’ll be changing this soon and supporting their freelancers!!
- Refunds go into your Fiverr balance, not your bank. This is crazy and incredibly annoying at times. You can request it to be released but it’s not easy.
- Do not fall into the seller/gig selection wormhole! It’s very easy to feel that you’re being productive whilst wasting hours browsing. Be decisive!
Some Sellers We Do Personally Recommend
We have personal experience with these sellers through our various business ventures. They’re not necessarily the cheapest but for us to personally vouch for them here, you know they’re excellent!
- Blogging Content Plans
- SEO Backlink Builder
- Keyword Research
- Content Writer
- WordPress Website Designer
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Other services that we recommend:
- Fiverr Learn – invest in yourself
- Become an Affiliate To Earn Passive Income
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Search For Your Own Fiverr service
Some Sellers We Don't Personally Recommend
As much as we’re trying to give you guys the most honest fiverr review possible… we can’t publicly call anyone out like that.
We have certainly had some bad experiences on Fiverr, both with quality of service delivered and with communication skills. It’s not all plain sailing and there are plenty of downsides (as per the above).
Sometimes this is our own fault for being cheap and expecting too much when paying too little. Most of the time Fiverr have been able to refund us and we’ve then got the job done with a different seller.
To Conclude Our Honest Fiverr Review
We would have loved to write an exciting, scathing exposé, delivering deep dark Fiverr secrets.
Unfortunately, we have become quite fond of Fiverr – as you can probably tell. Nonetheless, this review remains entirely honest; based on years of personal experience and 100+ services used.
For us, Fiverr has been one of the best places for hiring skilled freelancers (better than Upwork and other alternatives). Consequently, we have saved literally weeks of our time and expedited our business growth.
Saving money by completing small, time-consuming tasks yourself is a false economy and a trap to be avoided. Hiring skilled individuals to take some work off your hands is a great step towards increasing passive income.
I hope that was helpful and/or entertaining!
What are your experiences with Fiverr? Good, Bad?
Share them below!